Join a Boulder-based FinTech startup that is reinventing the traditional mortgage lending process.
We are looking for a strong operations executive who can help us develop and drive amazing service for our clients as we scale our platform. You will will be able to build our processing, underwriting, closing, and post-closing functions. You should have a strong background in compliance, TRID, and all operations functions.
We have audacious objectives for turn times and service levels as we seek to complete the entire credit process in 24 hours and close loans in 10 days. We have awesome front-end technology to support this, and we will count on this operations leader to be pro-active in driving consistency, efficiency, and on-going improvements to execute on our vision. You will help us ensure we are making the highest quality loans on the market.
The candidate’s main responsibilities include:
- Refine and develop new operating workflows to meet extraordinarily fast lending timelines and closing deadlines in a highly efficient production environment
- Work directly with clients, loan officers, title, closing and vendors to satisfy outstanding loan conditions in expeditious manner.
- Track, measure, and manage to key performance indicators relating to timelines, efficiency, loan quality, and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Clearly explain any escalated items, including loan conditions, structuring requirements, and denials to team members and loan officers in a manner which they can understand.
- Maintain current knowledge and familiarity with current mortgage and compliance laws and regulations
- Read, analyze and interpret mortgage/financial documents
- Maintain high level of customer service and communicate with professionalism externally and internally with other departments and/ or business partners.
- Maintain and meet loan quality and production goals.
- Deliver clean, complete and accurate files to both underwriting and closing
The ideal candidate has the following experience and skills:
- 5+ years of current mortgage experience in operations.
- Strong working knowledge of investor guidelines, underwriting policies and loan products.
- Underwriting experience, including advanced familiarity with complex lending programs, and be able to quickly calculate income for varies types of borrowers including self-employed with complex tax returns.
- Closing & post-closing experience
- High technical proficiency and speed in learning a new production platform
- Experience managing a high capacity production environment
- Track record of success building and leading strong results-oriented mortgage operations teams.
- Strong commitment to internal and external customer service and satisfaction.
- Ability to recruit, lead, and train others.
- Detail-oriented outlook, coupled with ability to plan ahead and meet deadlines on time.
- High energy, self-motivated and service-oriented attitude.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
This position is not about maintaining a standard production environment – it is about building and delivering unparalleled production capabilities.
Reasons to Work at Neat Capital:
- Many of us are outdoor enthusiasts with love for all the awesome things to do in our wonderful state. We have a powder policy and are climbers, hikers, bikers, runners, and skiers.
- We strive to create a diverse workspace. We aren’t bros. There’s a good mix of people here with a family-friendly culture.
- We collaborate well across the entire organization, fully embrace a confidence without attitude/ego policy, and genuinely seek to learn from each other.
- We do not set pay rates based on your prior employer’s rates…this means we provide meaningful on-going compensation policies (both equity and cash) based upon performance, responsibilities, and contributions.
- We do the right thing, always put the client above our own business interests, value transparency, and seek to have a positive impact on our community.
- 1% of our company equity has been donated to charity, and we are looking to build a team of folks that can help us make an impact. If you have a cause you’d like to volunteer for, even during office hours, please let us know how we can support.
- Though this is a Boulder office-based position, we provide flexible schedules and love to make our environment welcoming for parents and caretakers.
- We celebrate the addition of new family to team members’ lives, and provide generous paid leave for new parents, including secondary caregivers.
- We seek to build a diverse team and promote executives that can add to that diversity. If you can contribute a different point of view, even if you are new to our industry, community, or toolkit, we’d love to hear from you. We strive to create a diverse workspace in all ways – so please do apply.
- There are unlimited career possibilities at this extraordinarily high growth group.
You’ll get a salary, commission/bonus, equity, generous medical and retirement benefits, excellent vacation, etc.
Job Type: Full-time