Join a Boulder-based FinTech startup that is reinventing the traditional home financing process.
We are looking for an underwriter with at least two years of experience who can help us deliver amazing service for our clients as we scale our platform.
Our underwriter will collaborate directly and openly with clients and loan officers to identify and optimize financing solutions and deliver the highest quality loans on the market. Beyond your role in decisioning loans, helping structure loans, and eliminating conditions, you will be working directly with our fantastic technology team to help enhance our software to support your role. We have audacious objectives for turn times and service levels as we seek to complete the entire credit process in 24 hours and close loans in 10 days.
If you like picking up the phone to find solutions for clients and loan officers and find it attractive to become a company owner in the nation’s most efficient home financing platform, please apply.
- Provide credit decisions in alignment with internal and investor underwriting guidelines to deliver clean, fully documented loans to the market
- Review and reconcile appraisals for quality
- Call loan officers, processors, clients, and loan investors to creatively resolve loan structuring question, manage exceptions, and manage documentation requirements to quickly resolve items necessary for approval
- Underwrite 40-80 new files per month, with a turn time of less than 1 business day with efficient management of new decisions and clearing conditions
The ideal candidate has the following experience and skills:
- 2+ years of mortgage underwriting experience.
- Jumbo underwriting
- Bank statement program experience
- VA underwriting experience
- High technical proficiency and speed in learning a new production platform
- Experience managing a high capacity production environment
- Detail-oriented approach, coupled with ability to manage production and meet deadlines on time.
- High energy, self-motivated and service-oriented attitude.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Reasons to Work at Neat Capital:
- Many of us are outdoor enthusiasts with love for all the awesome things to do in our wonderful state. We have a powder policy and are climbers, hikers, bikers, runners, and skiers.
- We strive to create a diverse workspace. We aren’t bros. There’s a good mix of people here with a family-friendly culture.
- We collaborate well across the entire organization, fully embrace a confidence without attitude/ego policy, and genuinely seek to learn from each other.
- We do the right thing, always put the client above our own business interests, value transparency, and seek to have a positive impact on our community.
- 1% of our company equity has been donated to charity, and we are looking to build a team of folks that can help us make an impact. If you have a cause you’d like to volunteer for, even during office hours, please let us know how we can support.
- Though this is a Boulder office-based position, we provide flexible schedules and love to make our environment welcoming for parents and caretakers.
- We celebrate the addition of new family to team members’ lives, and provide generous paid leave for new parents, including secondary caregivers.
- We seek to build a diverse team and promote executives that can add to that diversity. If you can contribute a different point of view, even if you are new to our industry, community, or toolkit, we’d love to hear from you. We strive to create a diverse workspace in all ways – so please do apply.
- There are unlimited career possibilities at this extraordinarily high growth group.
You’ll get a salary, commission/bonus, equity, generous medical and retirement benefits, excellent vacation, etc.
Job Type: Full-time