Neat Capital is a Boulder-based fintech mortgage lender reinventing the traditional lending process. We are delivering a modern, fast, automated experience for the borrowers.
The ideal candidate will help us ensure we are making the highest quality loans on the market. You will have an equity stake with upside potential.
We are looking for seasoned Loan Processors, Loan Openers or Disclosure Desk Specialists, and Mortgage Loan Closers who can drive amazing service for our clients. This professional will produce mortgage loans and help ensure we meet guidelines and standards. Additionally, this professional will assist in disclosing loans, reviewing income and asset documents, appraisals, credit submissions, and/or help balance CDs and prepare closing documents.
Processors will be able to provide a complete and comprehensive review of the entire loan package, from credit through appraisal with required documentation to submit to underwriting.
In addition, you will be a key stakeholder to help meet proposed closing and turn time expectations, stay up to date with all program guidelines and offerings, and company policies.
- Maintain current knowledge and familiarity with current mortgage and compliance laws and regulations.
- Read, analyze and interpret mortgage/financial documents. Maintain quality and production goals set forth by the team lead.
- Work directly with the borrower, loan officer, underwriting, title, closing, and vendors to satisfy outstanding loan conditions in an expeditious manner. Clearly articulate needs list items and loan conditions to borrowers and Loan officers in a manner which they can understand.
- Able to quickly calculate Income for varies types of borrowers including self-employed with complex tax returns. Deliver clean, complete and accurate files to both underwriting and closing. Maintain a high level of customer service and communicate with professionalism externally and internally with other departments and/ or business partners.
- Read, understand, and apply underwriting guidelines for Jumbo, Agency and Government programs.
- Issue initial disclosures to clients through LOS and IDS Docs.
- Balancing CD with the closing agent and delivering closing documents.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A positive, optimistic attitude is a must. Bonus if you’re into optimizing your life, increasing your emotional intelligence, and have a growth mindset.
- 3+ years of recent mortgage experience as a processor or underwriter.
- Self-starter and problem solver. If you have a challenge, offer a solution in addition to identifying the problem.
- Fantastically computer savvy. We’re a Boulder tech company transforming the mortgage industry. You’ll be using over a dozen different web tools. You must be adaptable.
- Know your way around a loan file and can adapt to a new LOS and process.
- Ability to synthesize feedback as learning and self-correct.
- NMLS licensing, Lending QB and IDS Docs experience a plus.
You must be able to thrive in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment.
Reasons to Work at Neat Capital:
- Though this is a Boulder office-based position, we provide flexible schedules and love to make our environment welcoming for parents and caretakers.
- We celebrate the addition of new family to team members’ lives and provide generous paid leave for new parents, including secondary caregivers.
- Many of us are outdoor enthusiasts with love for all the awesome things to do in our wonderful state. We have a powder policy and are climbers, hikers, bikers, runners, and skiers.
- We collaborate well across the entire organization, fully embrace confidence without attitude/ego policy, and genuinely seek to learn from each other.
- We do the right thing, always put the client above our own business interests, value transparency, and seek a positive impact on our community.
- 1% of our company equity has been donated to charity, and we are looking to build a team of folks that can help us make an impact. If you have a cause you’d like to volunteer for, even during office hours, please let us know how we can support your cause.
- You will be crucial to building a scalable company from the ground up.
You’ll get a salary, commission/bonus, equity, benefits, excellent vacation, and more.